24 Jul Envision What’s New: LMGI Leadership Retreat
LMGI board members and stakeholders met over the July 15 weekend to plan the future of the guild.
Facilitator Linda Johannesen worked with the LMGI board at the 5 and 10-year marks. We were grateful to get her back for the 15th! We discussed the Guild’s strengths and weaknesses…strategizing for the next 15 years.
We have built an organization that has made a profound impression on our craft: recognition from the LMGI Awards and Compass Magazine, our own IMDB category, members accepted into the Academy, and a truly global community of like-minded professionals.
The LMGI is the only international guild of its kind. In 15 short years, we have increased membership by 3900 percent. If projected growth continues, we can plan on integrating a full-time staff within the next five years. This will allow volunteer members to focus on the big picture as well as the subtle details unique to our craft.
We redefined membership categories and fees. We were also tasked with bringing commitment back to our Committees—beginning with Membership Services. We defined our future goals, looking to increase membership and awareness. High on our list is better film credit placement, more members in AMPAS, and introduction into NATAS.
We can’t move the Guild into the future without your help:
- Bring in a new member. If every one of us does so, we double our power.
- Join a committee. Lend your voice and get involved. We are all volunteers.
- Remember to add/LMGI after your name in the credits and our logo to your emails.
- Let us know your submission ideas for the LMGI Awards; vote and attend the show!
- Like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and Twitter and ask your friends to like and follow us too!
- Visit our website LocationManagers.org. and make sure your personal profile is current