On Tuesday, June 30 from 10am PST – 12pm PST, the Location Managers Guild International (LMGI) will present a town hall centered around diversity, inclusion and racial equity in the television, film and commercial production workplace, with a focus on location management. All entertainment industry professionals are invited to join the conversation at no cost. RSVP and registration are required. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
The town hall aims to educate, empower, and enlighten members of the entertainment community. The LMGI will be joined by keynote speaker and renowned Clinical Psychologist Dr. Cheryl Grills, Ph.D. an expert in globally facilitating healing circles surrounding people of African ancestry. Dr. Grills will engage the panelists in dialogue about implicit bias and systemic racism in our industry.
- Dr. Cheryl Grills, Ph.D. (Clinical Psychologist, Professor Loyola Marymount University) – Los Angeles
- Kokayi Ampah /LMGI, Producer, Director, Location Manager (The Color Purple, The Shawshank Redemption, Million Dollar Baby) – Los Angeles
- Deborah Evans, President and Founder, DAE Light Media
- Joyce Liu-Countryman, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Champion, Impact Producer
- Jon Johnson, Sr., Parking Coordinator (Sex and the City, The Avengers, Independence Day, Men In Black) – New York
- Jason McCauley /LMGI, Key Assistant Location Manager (Westworld, Cloverfield, I’m Dying Up Here) – Los Angeles
- Leon Henriques, Unit Manager, Location Manager (Man Like Mobeen, The Other One, Das Boot (Hulu), and Deep Water) – United Kingdom
CALL FOR STORY SUBMISSIONS