Voting Rules, Regulations and Procedures
Location Managers Guild International
Sixth Annual LMGI Awards
September 21, 2019 • Broad Theatre• Santa Monica, California
Note: With the change in date (from April to September), the Sixth Annual LMGI Awards timeline is unique in that there is an 18-month calendar of eligibility. Entries first released between January 1, 2018 and May 31, 2019 are eligible.
- Entry Submission Period opens Monday, Jan 14, 2019 and closes Sunday, June 9 at 11:59 pm PST.
- Nominees in each category will be determined by the LMGI Awards Committee – Entry Curation Subcommittee – work completed Monday, June 24, 2019.
- Nominees announced and online voting by LMGI Location Professionals in good standing will open Thursday, July 11, 2019.
- Voting closes on Monday, August 12 at 11:59pm PST.
- Winners announced at the LMGI Awards on Saturday, September 21 at the Broad Theater, Santa Monica, California.
LOCATION PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND ELIGIBILTY
The LMGI Awards spotlight the creativity of our craft. Award Nominees are instrumentalin the creative use of filming locations that set the tone, enrich the character, and enhance the narrative.
Eligibility for all nominations and awards shall be determined by screen credits or as certified to the LMGI by the producing companies, but final credit determination and nomination eligibility in any event shall be made by the LMGI. No producers or other person may alter an individual’s screen credit in order to qualify the individual for Award eligibility. The LMGI reserves the right to make its own determination of credit for purposes of award consideration. In the event of a credit dispute, the nomination eligibility for the LMGI Awards shall be determined by the LMGI Awards Committee whose decision will be final. Additionally, the LMGI reserves the right to declare any entry in dispute as ineligible or alternatively to list credits as being in controversy and withhold any award until the dispute is settled.
ENTRY SUBMISSIONS AND VOTING RULES, REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES
- Entry Submission Forms will be available on the LMGI website Monday, January 14, 2019.
- Correct and complete entry information is the responsibility of the person or company submitting the entry Submission Form. The LMGI is not liable for incorrect ballot or crew listings that are the result of incorrect or incomplete information on the entry forms.
- If an entry is submitted in the wrong category or with erroneous information by the entrant, and the error is not discovered until the ballot reaches the voters, it may be disqualified. If the LMGI makes an error or provides erroneous information on the ballot, a correction notification will be issued.
- Final approval of category placement and eligibility shall be determined by the LMGI Awards Committee.
- Submissions will be accepted from LMGI members and business partners, film commissions, location professionals, industry professionals and vendors, studios, and production companies.
If there are three (3) or fewer qualifying works submitted in a category other than the Honorary Awards, the Board of Directors may elect not to give an award in that category for the current year.
Productions from any country are eligible as long as they satisfy the below requirements.
- Feature Film Eligibility:
First released between January 1, 2018 and May 31, 2019; over 40 minutes in length, commercial theatrical run by May 31, 2019. At least 60% must be filmed on location (including 2ndUnit and VFX units if applicable).
- Television Program Eligibility:
Initial broadcast between January 1, 2018 and May 31,2019. At least 60% must be filmed on location (including 2ndUnit and VFX units if applicable).
- Commercial Eligibility:
Initial broadcast between January 1, 2018 and May 31,2019.At least 60% must be filmed on location (including 2ndUnit and VFX units if applicable).
- Outstanding Locations in a Contemporary Film:
For a theatrically released feature length live-action motion picture.
- Outstanding Locations in a Period Film:
For a theatrically released feature length live-action motion picture. The film must portray a time period at least 20 years prior or at least 10 years after the current award year.
- Outstanding Locations in a Contemporary TV Series or Program
Includes MOW and SVOD (Streaming Video On Demand).
- Outstanding Locations in a Period TV Series or Program
Includes MOW and SVOD. Must portray a time period at least 20 years prior or at least 10 years after the current award year.
- Outstanding Locations in a Commercial:
For a single advertising spot with a minimum length of 15 seconds.
- Outstanding Film Commission/Office (worldwide):
For exemplary and creative work performed above and beyond the usual service provided to location professionals on a specific feature film, television series or commercial.
Note: Final approval of a category placement and eligibility shall be determined by the LMGI Awards Committee.A feature film, television program or commercial with eligibility in a prior year cannot be reentered in the current awards’ year, even though it may have been modified with new footage.
VOTING AND PROCEDURES
- Nominations will be determined by the LMGI Awards Entry Curation Subcommittee based on the creative use of evocative locations to set the tone, enrich the character and enhance the narrative.
- Nominees in each category are announced and online voting begins Tuesday, July 11, 2019
- Any appeals or petitions must be submitted to the LMGI office in writing within five calendar days of the announcement of nominations. After this time, no appeals or petitions may be made. Decisions regarding any and all appeals and petitions will be made by the LMGI Awards Committee whose decision will be final.
- The entrant of each nomination shall submit a DVD clip from their entry no later than 10 days following the announcement of the nominations. By submitting the clip for LMGI Awards consideration, each entrant warrants they have obtained the necessary permission(s) from the holder(s)of the copyright(s) in the nominated entry to allow the LMGI a non-exclusive license to choose excerpts from the submitted clip, to incorporate and exhibit the excerpts into the LMGI Awards presentation. Note: If needed, the LMGI Awards Committee can assist in this process.
- Entrants shall indemnify the LMGI, and its officers, directors, agents, employees, and representatives, and hold each and all of them harmless of and from any and all loss, cost, damage, liability and expense, including attorneys’ fees, with respect to any claim arising from the LMGI’s use of the entrant’s excerpts during the Awards presentation.
BALLOT – VOTING AND PROCEDURES
- Online voting begins Tuesday, July 11, 2019.
- The Ballot will list all entries nominated in each category alphabetically.
- LMGI Location Professionals in good standing vote for one entry in each category. The nominee in each category with the highest total number of votes shall be named the winner. In the event of a tie for first place in the final balloting, awards will be given to more than one winner in the category.
- Voting will end at 11:59 PM PST on Monday, August 12, 2019.
The Sixth Annual LMGI Awards will be presented Saturday, September 21 at the Broad Theatre in Santa Monica, California.