Familiarization (Fam) Tours | In Partnership
with the Location Managers Guild International
Familiarization (Fam) Tours are valuable tools for attracting potential productions and acquainting key production personnel with local resources.
VALUABLE MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES
• Effective FamTours will acquaint prospective media producers with the host’s area, encouraging them to bring productions to the region.
• FamTours establish personal relationships between tour attendees and hosts, turning participants into potential clients.
• Properly orchestrated, these tours are an effective form of marketing that can raise a film commission’s profile while courting industry decision-makers.
• Positive potential economic impact includes: direct production expenditures
and long-lasting effects on film tourism.
LMGI IN-PERSON FAM TOUR
Let the LMGI work with you in helping set up your next in-person fam tour, we offer a whole set of customizable consultancy options to suit your needs and your budget. With our help we can make your next Fam Tour an amazing success for your region.
• Sourcing and providing suitable attendees from the LMGI membership, focused on any areas of specific needs or target geography. We can also reach out to our internal network of studio contacts, development executives and producers if so desired.
• Arranging initial introductions and continued correspondence assistance (as needed), with attendees and organizers during arrangement of travel.
• Full promotional support prior/during/after using our social media channels and traditional media sources such as our amazing COMPASS magazine and dedicated web galleries.
• We can also look at pairing a fam tour with our educational programs and work to create panels, talks and outreach with local filmmakers and industry related people as well as local media interviews.
Reach hundreds of decision makers by hosting a virtual FamTour.
To host a tour, you must be an active LMGI Business Partner.
LMGI VIRTUAL FAMTOUR INCLUDES
• Reach 50+ professionals day of call, and hundreds more from the recording
• Pre- and post event marketing
• Event web page on Locationmanagers.org
• Event packaged and displayed on LMGI Member Dashboard (Location Library)
• Newsletter coverage
• Hosts receive a copy of the recording to share with their prospects
To discuss an LMGI Fam Tour please contact