Submissions Now Open
The LMGI Awards honor the visual contribution of locations to film, television, and commercial productions. The locations must be artistically integral to the story, and the nominated Location Professionals must demonstrate an innate understanding that locations set tone, reveal character, and enhance the narrative, as well as providing a backdrop for action. With ingenuity and a discerning eye, the Location Professional is a vital part of the creative team. The value of that contribution should be reflected in your submission. The LMGI Awards also honor outstanding Film Commissions that go above and beyond expectations.
Make the most of being homebound: catch up on viewing films and television programming. Due to the explosion in international television production, please note we have introduced a new category: TV Serial Program, Anthology or Limited Series.
Anyone can make a submission–which must have debuted between June 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020 (13-month calendar of eligibility); with at least 60% of the production shot on location. The Entry Curation Committee will announce the nominees July 2020. Unfortunately Covid 19 has put our venue announcement on hold, but we are hoping for October 2020.
- Entry Submission Period is now open and closes Wednesday, July 1 at 11:59 pm PST
- Nominees in each category will be determined by the LMGI Awards Committee – Entry Curation Subcommittee – will be announced Saturday, August 1, 2020.
- Online voting by LMGI Location Professionals in good standing will open Saturday, August 1, 2020.
- Voting closes on Monday, August 10 at 11:59pm PST.
- Winners announced at the LMGI Awards Gala in October 2020 at a Southern California venue TBA.
We look forward to your participation. Please let us know if you are interested in joining the Awards Committee by emailing Awards@LocationManagers.org. Stay safe out there and see you on the red carpet!