Promoting Excellence on Location Worldwide
Join us for the third Annual LMGA Awards
Saturday, April 9, 2016—Save the date!
* The period for submitting entries for the 3rd Annual LMGA Awards has ended. The nominations will be announced soon.
ENTRY AND VOTING RULES, REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES
These are the official rules, regulations and procedures for the third Annual LMGA Awards.
Submission period ends midnight PST on January 11, 2016.
ENTRY SUBMISSIONS AND PROCEDURES
- Entries will be accepted beginning December 7, 2015. Entry Submission Forms are available on the LMGA website at www.locationmanagers.org. All Entries must be received by midnight PST on January 11, 2016 to be eligible.
- Correct and complete Entry information is the responsibility of the person(s) or company submitting the Entry Submission Form (the “Entrant”). The LMGA is not liable for incorrect ballot or crew listings that are the result of incorrect or incomplete information on the entry forms.
- If an Entry is submitted in the wrong category or with erroneous information by the Entrant, and the error is not discovered until the ballot reaches the voters, it will be disqualified. If the LMGA makes an error or provides erroneous information on the ballot, a correction notification will be issued.
- Final approval of category placement and eligibility shall be determined by the LMGA Awards Committee.
- Submissions will be accepted from all LMGA members, as well as film commissions, location professionals, industry members and vendors, studios, and production companies.
If there are 3 or fewer qualifying works submitted in a category other than the Honorary Awards, the Board of Directors may elect not to give an award in that category for the current year.
Feature Film – Eligibility:
Released between January 1 and December 31, 2015; over 40 minutes in length,
commercial theatrical run by December 31, 2015. At least 75% of film must be shot on location. Feature films for any country are eligible as long as they satisfy the requirements of all applicable rules.
Television Program Eligibility:
Initial broadcast between January 1 and December 31, 2015. At least 60% of series must be shot on location.
Initial broadcast between January 1 and December 31, 2015.
CATEGORY DEFINITIONS AND ELIGIBILITY
- Outstanding Locations in a Contemporary Film – For a theatrically released feature length live action motion picture. Location Manager and/or Location Scout Nomination.
- Outstanding Locations in a Period Film – For a theatrically released feature length live action motion picture. The film must portray a time period at least 20 years prior or at least 10 years after the present awards year. Location Manager and/or Location Scout Nomination.
- Outstanding Locations in a Contemporary TV Series or MOW. – Location Manager and/or Location Scout Nomination.
- Outstanding Locations in a Period TV Series or MOW. – The series or MOW must portray a time period at least 20 years prior or at least 10 years after the present awards year. Location Manager and/or Location Scout Nomination.
- Outstanding Locations in a Commercial – For a single advertising spot with a minimum length of 30 seconds. Location Manager and/or Location Scout Nomination.
- Outstanding Film Commission/Office (on local, national or international) – For exemplary work performed above and beyond the usual service provided to location professionals on a specific feature film, television series or commercial.
Each Entry is eligible in only one (1) category. Final Approval of a category placement and eligibility shall be determined by the LMGA Awards Committee.
A feature film, television program or commercial (collectively, “Entry”) that had eligibility in a prior year can not be re-introduced into eligibly in the current awards year, even though it may have been modified with new footage.
LOCATION PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY
A maximum of 2 location professionals shall be eligible for nomination for each nominated Entry, unless the Awards Committee deems otherwise.
Eligibility for all nominations and awards shall be determined by screen credits or as certified to the LMGA by the producing companies, but final credit determination and nomination eligibility in any event shall be made by the LMGA. No producers or other person may not alter an individual’s screen credit in order to qualify the individual for Award eligibility. The LMGA reserves the right to make its own determination of credit for purposes of award consideration. In the event of a credit dispute, the nomination eligibility for the LMGA Awards shall be determined by the LMGA Awards Committee whose decision will be final. Additionally, the LMGA reserves the right to declare any Entry in dispute as ineligible or alternatively to list credits as being in controversy and withhold any award until the dispute is settled.
NOMINATIONS – VOTING AND PROCEDURES
- Nomination Ballots will be available for online voting to all LMGA Active and Retired Members on January 29, 2015.
- LMGA Active and Retired Members will be allowed to vote for five entries in each category. The five entries with the highest number of votes will be the final nominees. In the event of a tie for 5th place in any category, there may be more than five nominees in that category. No one entry may be listed on the ballot more than once. If any entry is listed more than once, the entire ballot will be disqualified.
- No write-in votes on the Nominations Ballot will be permitted.
- Nomination Ballot Voting will end midnight PST on February 16, 2016.
- Final Nominees in each category will be announced on February 18, 2016.
- In the event that the LMGA declares a nominated entry ineligible, it shall not be replaced and the category will remain with one fewer nominee. However, if a disqualification or ineligibly of nominees results in there being fewer than 3 qualifying works in that category, the LMGA Board of Directors may vote no award be given in that category for the current year.
- Nominated achievements may be withdrawn for nomination only by agreement of all members of the nominated crew. Individual nominees on a crew may withdrawal themselves, but the Entry’s nomination will stand as long as one crew member remains.
- Any appeals or petitions must be submitted to the LMGA office in writing within five calendar days of the announcement of nominations. After this time, no appeals or petitions may be made. Decisions regarding any and all appeals and petitions will be made by the LMGA Awards Committee whose decision will be final.
- The Entrant of each nominated Entry shall submit a DVD clip from their Entry no later than 10 days following the announcement of the nominations. By submitting the clip for the LMGA Awards consideration, each Entrant warrants that he/she/it has obtained the necessary permission from the holder(s) of the copyrights in the nominated Entry to allow the LMGA a non-exclusive license to choose excerpts from the submitted clip, to incorporate the excepts into the LMGA Awards presentation, and to exhibit the excerpts as part of the Awards presentation. Each Entrant shall indemnify the LMGA, and its officers, directors, agents, employees, and representatives, and hold each and all of them harmless of and from any and all loss, cost, damage, liability and expense, including attorneys’ fees, with respect to any claim arising from the LMGA’s use of the Entrant’s excerpts during the Awards presentation.
FINAL BALLOT – VOTING AND PROCEDURES
- Final Ballots will be available for online voting to LMGA Active and Retired Members on March 4, 2016.
- The Final Ballot will list all Entries nominated in each category: nominees will be listed alphabetically.
- LMGA Active and Retired Members will be allowed to vote for one Entry in each category. The nominee in each category with the highest total number of votes shall be the winner. In the event of a tie for first place in the final balloting, awards will be given to more than one winner in the category.
- Final Ballot voting will end at midnight PST on March 23, 2016.
The third Annual LMGA Awards for Outstanding Locations will be presented at a ceremony to be held on Saturday, April 9, 2016, location yet to be announced.